Many women hide their wavy and curly hair. The iron and chemically adjust their hair to make it straight or braid it into a bun. However, these women have no idea how beautiful their waves and curls are. If you are one of them, don’t be afraid to show your uniqueness. Focus on the proper care that will maximally support the natural structure of your hair. You will see that your hair will be much better and feel more volumized and rewarded.
Wavy and curly hair requires more comprehensive care than straight hair, primarily because of their increased need for hydration. Before each wash, apply Kérastase Curl Manifesto Huile Sublime Repair to your hair, which hydrates the hair and provides it with the necessary nutrition.
Fingers INSTEAD OF THE COMB
If you have wavy or curly hair, you certainly know that combing your hair after washing it is not the right solution for creating elastic and defined waves. During the first step of washing your hair with Kérastase Curl Manifesto Bain Hydratation Douceur, do not be afraid to use your fingers to untangle your hair gently. When combing your hair, always keep your fingers slightly open to separate the strands. Do not unwind the hair with force to avoid unnecessary damage or breakage. Use lukewarm water to wash off the shampoo (warm water could dry out the hair).
DON’T FORGET THE CONDITIONER
The second step during hair washing should be the application of Kérastase Curl Manifesto Fondant Hydratation Essentielle. Spread it in your palms and apply it to wet hair. It would help if you started using the conditioner in about half of the hair and spread it to the ends. Massage the product thoroughly into the hair to absorb it into the hair cuticle and hydrate the hair.
FREE DRYING OF HAIR
If possible, try to avoid blow-drying, which can dehydrate the hair. Prefer loose hair drying in the air. Of course, this requires you to set aside more time to wash your hair; it is not always possible. Especially if you are in a hurry to work, for example, in such cases, reach for the hairdryer with a diffuser that is more gentle on the hair. Before use, apply rinse-free care to your hair with the Kérastase Curl Manifesto Crème De Jour Fondamentale thermal protection, which also leaves your waves soft to the touch and without unwanted frizz.
REFRESHMENT BETWEEN WASHING
Less is more in this case. Frequent washing of wavy and curly hair can surprisingly lead to dehydration, excessive frizz, and damage. Therefore, try a light spray of Kérastase Curl Manifesto Refresh Absolu spray, which will refresh your waves and curls even a few days after washing your hair. The waves’ issue will be revitalized and more manageable, making your waves or curls more flexible and shiny. Plus, you’ll save a lot of time in the shower!
PLEASE YOUR HAIR DURING SLEEP
Just as you are used to pampering your face with various moisturizing and nourishing serums, you should take care of your wavy hair. Every night before going to bed, treat yourself to a short time window for applying hair oils. These have a justified place in your routine because wavy and curly hair deeply regenerates and gives it extra hydration. Kérastase Curl Manifesto Huile Sublime Repair can also be applied to the scalp to make your routine more enjoyable with a massage.
HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE Your hair and scalp
You must have noticed that the word “hydration” was not spared in this article. That was our intention. Wavy and curly hair requires a higher hydration intake than straight hair. But many people forget about it. If you suffer from frizz, hydration will be the key to taming it. Once a week, apply an extra nourishing Kérastase Curl Manifesto Masque Beurre Haute Nutrition to your hair enriched with manuka honey and ceramides. With regular use, your hair and curls will be firm, soft, and shiny.
Which of the types in the care of wavy and curly lasses surprised you the most? Be consistent in following our advice, and you and your hair will be satisfied with the result.
Beach waves: 5 tricks on how to beach waves
Beach waves by snapping your fingers
Suppose your hair is naturally slightly wavy like mine. In that case, a quality sea salt spray is enough for the perfect “surf look,” for example, Alfaparf Milano Style Stories The Range Texturizing with a light firming ability. The procedure is straightforward. Lean forward and spray it evenly into the dry mane. With your palms, crease the lengths to create a casually messy, sea-like look. Styling doesn’t take more than five minutes, but the result will amaze the crowds!
- Turbulent sea thanks to the diffuser I don’t know how for you, but this hair dryer attachment was a bomb discovery for me. Thanks to the large “gear,” it was easy to conjure up the cutest messy hairstyle. The ripples are not as neatly regular as after turning with a curling iron or iron, but again they look youthfully playful. Does an important meeting await you? My tip for a slight adjustment during the day is the L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni. Art Beach Waves texturizes salt spray, slightly defining the playful waves and giving the hairstyle a matte effect. 🙂
- Beach waves with an iron? Not a problem
- If you already have styling work with a hair straightener “in hand,” creating waves will not be a problem. The L’Oréal Professionnel Steampod x KARL LAGERFELD iron with a steam effect worked for me to develop tousled hairstyles because thanks to the moisturizing, the hairstyle will get a significant volume. Before styling, I spray the mane with sea salt spray with medium reinforcement Beviro, let it dry well, and then the individual strands wave in a circular motion of the wrist alternately from the face and to it.
- If you are not such a good friend with an iron, try the best practice of beauty bloggers. He advises dividing the mane into thinner strands (even number) and twisting the two into a twist each time. Then gradually warm each braid with iron, and after unraveling, the beach hairstyle is born!
- Beach waves curler, product for demanding My subsequent discovery was a special curler for beach waves. It does not have two “arms”; its shape is conical, without opening – what you are looking for is a medium to more significant diameter attachment. Thanks to her, with the help of the Bumble and Bumble Surf Styling, Leave-In beach effect treatment, I was able to create naturally relaxed waves. All you had to do was wind the individual springs, warm them up and enjoy the “sea in your hair.” But the curling iron smoothes the curls, and I missed the volume at the head a bit. To keep the hairstyle from blurring, I solved it by applying Alfaparf Milano Style Stories Vintage Powder to the roots – it took care of a sufficient lifting of the mane right next to the head.
- How to beach waves overnight
- My waves also dazzled my friend Katka, who has long hair and, most importantly, perfectly straight hair. So we solved the easiest way to get the wave structure into a smooth hairstyle. Turns out it’s not a problem; sleep on it! In the evening, Kateřina evenly sprayed the slightly moist mane with Moroccanil Volume hair volume mist, which will give the desired texture thanks to Dead Sea salt. Then she divided the hairstyle into six equally thick strands and knitted loose braids from them. In the morning, she just dissolved the hair, carefully combed it with her fingers, and fixed the waves with hair spray for solid strengthening – Schwarzkopf Professional Osis + Freeze Finish is suitable for this.