“I would like thick, voluminous hair. I wish the volume lasted at least until the next day; my hair was immediately tangled “, we often hear. But you don’t have to despair, even with fine hair you can do a great show, especially with the proper care!
How to care for fine, tangled hair?
Up to 60% of women who suffer from fine hair also suffer from hair damage. Thus, effective hair care is essential for this type of hair, which adds volume to the hair and, first and foremost, nourishes it, regenerates it, and gives it hydration.
Preparations for hair volume
The first and crucial step in achieving the desired hair volume is choosing the right hair products. These should be products specially designed for hair volume, with a light composition that burdens the hair unnecessarily.
A great helper to the dream volume and the natural composition is the filling melon line Hair Food by Garnier Fructis. The complete Hair Food line, consisting of a filling shampoo, balm, and a 3in1 mask, provides up to 97% of fruit ingredients of natural origin and is silicone-free so that it does not burden the hair.
You can also try the proven Elseve Fibralogy products from L’Oréal Paris. The shampoo from this line adds volume to the hair and leaves it strengthened and nourished.
Hairstyling and styling
You can achieve your dream volume not only by choosing the right products when washing your hair but also by carefully adjusting your hair. After washing your hair, always let it dry partially until about the last third of drying. First, dry them in a forward bend and then dry them with a round brush to gain more volume, especially at the top of the head.
What to do after washing your hair?
After drying your hair, you can also increase the desired volume by using curlers or curling irons and conjure up a more voluminous look, even from nature to straight hair. Remember that it is ideal for rolling the hair in both cases as far as possible against the direction of growth from the head. This will ensure volume directly from the hair roots.
Beware of exaggerated styling.
Especially for styling products, less means more. Both the foam hardener and the hairspray are a great helper for the final styling, but a large amount of both products can put an excessive load on the hair and cause it to look slippery again. Try to start with a smaller foam hardener, specially designed for hair volume from Syoss, Volume Lift. Be just as careful with hair spray. A smaller dose, applied to the hair from below, will help you to the dream volume and relieve you of the static charge in your hair. For example, try Elnett Satin from L’Oreal Paris, specially designed for thicker-looking hair.
As you can see, you don’t have to break your head out of fine, tangled hair. While fine hair no doubt requires more thorough and careful care, it’s not something you can’t handle. Just incorporate these few tips into your regular hair routine, and you will soon be able to show off beautiful, voluminous, and strong hair!
Hair nutrition: How to use conditioner, mask, and balm correctly?
Without deep hair hydration, your hair will never be vital and shiny. The dried hair fibers are frayed, can be more oily, and look generally tired. Behind the uneditable “sparrow’s nest” is often the insufficient and incorrect use of hair nutrition – conditioners, hair masks, balms, and other care products.
Just washing is not enough.
Did you know that the use of shampoo alone is scarce? Its ingredients only take care of cleansing, not nutrition – they wash away grease and dirt from the outside environment from the mane, styling residues, and dead cells from the scalp. In addition, when soaking, the hair surface swells slightly, and the wet mane is then much more prone to mechanical and thermal damage.
There are conditioners, hair masks, and balms
For the mane to heal again, it is necessary to supply the hair with protective and beautifying substances through hair nutrition. Only then will they be sufficiently hydrated, more robust, more durable, and ready for styling.
Do not dive in terms:
Extra nutrition for hair
- Hair Rinse Conditioner – Should be applied after each shampoo wash. Its components smooth the hair and create an imaginary defensive shield on its surface, thanks to which the mane is more flexible. It often contains ingredients that make it easier to comb, such as Bumble and Bumble Hairdressers’ conditioner, which includes six rare, cold-pressed oils.
- The conditioner also maintains the hair’s natural hydration until it is rewashed, so the mane shines more. For example, the Framesi Morphosis Re-structure revitalizes care for dry and damaged hair , containing marine collagen and pearl protein, “wraps” each hair fiber with gloss, so the effect is maximal. However, because all conditioners act only on the surface of the hair, it is necessary to reach for even more intensive care for deep nutrition.
- Rinse-free conditioner – It is a mistake to think you can replace the classic one with a rinse-free conditioner spray. It should be called rinse-free care because it is a superstructure – the third step in the hair routine. It is applied after rinsing the conditioner or mask evenly to damp or dry hair. Its task is to add something extra to the heater, such as protection against thermal shock from drying, components preventing frizz, wave support, or hydration such as Moroccanoil Hydration or Schwarzkopf Professional BC Bonacure Hyaluronic Moisture Kick. > Hair Balm – Are you confusing conditioner with hair balm? Error. Due to its composition, the former is much lighter and acts on the hair’s surface, while the balm penetrates deeper and targets specific problems (dryness, damage, etc.).
- Treatment or hair mask – A damaged, dehydrated mane cannot regenerate itself, so it needs help in the form of hair treatments (hair masks). Their ingredients penetrate even more profound than the conditioner and balm into the hair’s inner structure, where they regenerate its damaged core. Choose a mask according to the current needs of your mane.
- If it lacks moisture, reach for dry and damaged hair treatments, such as Goldwell Dualsenses Rich Repair, Alfaparf Milano Semi di Lino Reconstruction Reparative or Wella Professionals Invigo Nutri-Enrich. You can also deal with premature aging of hair fibers, for example, with the revitalizing mask Kérastase Chronologiste Masque Intense Régénérant, or the regulation of orange tones of the blond mane. The active ingredients of the Kérastase Blond Absolu Masque Cicaextreme deep regeneration mask will take care of that.
- Hair oils – Hair oils have become one of the latest hits. Only a few drops can deeply hydrate, smooth, nourish and brighten the mane. Oils can even prevent electrification and protect from the sun’s rays. Great for wavy, frizzy, and unruly hair, which restores softness and shine. > Hair wraps – They have profound regenerating effects, similar to hair masks, but usually contain ingredients that are activated by heat. Therefore, it is recommended to wrap the mane in foil after applying the product and wrap a towel over it. Like hair treatments, they should not be used too often, just once a week.
Apply them correctly
How to use conditioner?
Before applying the product, squeeze water out of the hair, as the conditioner drains from a mane that is too wet. Apply a small amount of nut size about 2-3 cm from the roots. To distribute the care evenly, it is good to comb the mane with your fingers or carefully with a comb with wide teeth (wet hair is more easily damaged when searching) and then rinse. The exposure time is indicated on the packaging and is usually not long. The conditioner works almost immediately, so exceeding this time will not ensure a better result. Because its ingredients do not burden the hair, it is suitable for daily care.
How to use hair balm?
The hair balm has a richer texture than the conditioner and can also nourish the scalp. However, it should not be used more than twice a week so that the mane does not become heavy. It is usually left to act for about 5 minutes.
How to use a hair mask?
The masks have a rich, creamy texture, are applied to the lengths of the hair, and are usually left on for several minutes according to the manufacturer’s instructions, which should also warn you if a conditioner needs to be applied afterward. Some companies have such a composition of masks that they cannot close the hair, they only nourish it. However, this is not the rule, so do not omit the instructions for use. Hair masks are not suitable for everyday care, their too frequent action could overload the hair just like a balm, and the effect would be the opposite.
How to use hair oil?
The oils can be used at any time, both on dry and wet hair. You need to be careful about the amount applied so that the mane does not require grease faster. A few drops are enough – for fine hair, instead of in lengths, and you can run your fingers all over the ends, wavy or badly damaged.
What to remember?
- Apply rinse conditioner to the hair after each shampoo wash.
- The rinse-free conditioner does not replace the rinse aid.
- Hair balm is not the same as a conditioner; it penetrates deeper and targets specific problems.
- The hair mask regenerates the damaged hair core and should not be used more than once a week.
- Only a tiny amount of hair oil is enough; otherwise, the mane becomes too greasy.
- The hair wrap needs heat to work.
What haircare do you like to use the most? Do you have your regulars among the preparations, or do you want to experiment? Did you find any must-haves? Please share it with us!