Do you take regular care of your hair, yet it is rather tangled, tired, and does not hold its shape? There can be many causes, and one of them is a large number of artificial substances in the products you use. How about trying detox with natural hair cosmetics? The journey to beautiful hair without chemicals may be a little longer, but it’s worth it!
Why use natural hair cosmetics
Natural cosmetics are not only one of the trends of recent times, but mainly a way to help hair stressed by sulfates, parabens, or layers of silicone. It is precisely these types of substances that a large number of conventional hair cosmetics contain.
They can create the desired wow effect right after washing. Your mane is so soft, shiny and you feel like you just came from a hairdresser. But what exactly do they do with your hair and skin?
- Silicones wrap the hair fiber with a layer that aims to prevent harmful substances, which is excellent! Unfortunately, they do not even get the nutrients they need. In addition, silicones are never 100% washed from them and are layered on them with regular care. Therefore, the hair may weaken in the long run.
- Parabens act as preservatives in cosmetics and thus extend their shelf life. Problems with them can be caused mainly by those of us who have sensitive skin – they are among the common allergens.
- Simply put, sulfates cause the product to foam. But it has nothing to do with its effectiveness. They also have the task of degreasing the scalp, but they can dry it out excessively, which results in the deposition of white scales on your shoulders and the fear of wearing a black T-shirt.
What you have to reckon with
Each of your hairs can be moody and sometimes indicate that you need some rest from artificial fabrics. But when switching to natural hair cosmetics, expect them to protest a little first. They will go through a detox, and this will naturally affect them. In the beginning, the hair may be more tangled, coarse, and also more electrifying.
This will happen because you will stop giving your hair their regular dose of silicone, responsible for the fantastic result mentioned. This phase can take a little longer, so if it seems to you after the first wash with a natural shampoo that it doesn’t do anything, hold on! Your hair is just getting ready to be healthier and more beautiful sooner than ever before.
What natural hair care to choose from
Are you afraid that natural cosmetics will not be enough for your colored, bleached, or dried hair? That is not true. Nowadays, you will find natural products for every hair type – finding the best natural shampoo and other care can take some time. That’s why we have tips for our favorite products for you!
If you need a natural shampoo for colored hair, try Wella Professionals Elements, which nourishes them and at the same time protects the color. Be sure to supplement the care with Wella Professionals Elements natural conditioner. Biolage RAW Color Care will provide excellent color protection and extra care for your skin. Don’t forget the conditioner in this case, and get Biolage from the same line, which will support easy combing.
Macadamia Natural Oil Care is a natural hair shampoo that will help you with deep regeneration. Thanks to argan oil, the hair fibers will be nourished and strengthened, and macadamia oil will provide them with the necessary hydration. Then treat yourself to deep nutrition with Macadamia Natural Oil Care at least once a week.
For a dry mane that needs an extra dose of hydration, take the help of Redken Nature + Science All Soft and also a natural hair conditioner from the same line. If you are afraid that your hair will still be dull and lifeless, try the in-depth care of Kérastase Aura Botanica Soin Fondamental!
It’s not just about products.
Yes, just exchanging products is not enough. Try to follow these essential tips, and you will see that your hair will return in a moment!
- Remember the most important thing – get rid of silicone hair.
- Replace styling products or use fewer. Like other conventional hair care products, they contain chemicals, so you should include them in your detox.
- Focus on the scalp. Properly washed skin is essential for hair growth, so indulge in a short massage and hair peeling once in a while without remorse.
- Avoid heat treatment of hair. Of course, we understand that it is simply not possible to follow this rule 100%. But give a chance to self-holding curlers, for example, or at least excellent devices.
And what else? Enjoy beautiful hair that is not loaded with layers of chemicals. As we said at the beginning – it takes a while, but it’s worth it!