They are shapeless, stand out in all directions, difficult to adjust – if you have experience with frizzy hair, you know it for sure. One option is to knit braids like Monica Geller in Barbados. However, a better solution is to prevent or natural hair frizz with suitable products and a few simple care rules. Why does our hair frizz, and how best to prevent it?
Why does hair frizz?
Moisture is to blame. The outer layer of the hair is porous, making it easier to absorb moisture from the air. This may not be a problem until the water in the hair accumulates too much – it starts to swell, they are coarser to the touch, and there is a frizzy effect in the world.
Hair frizz can occur, for example, after washing, in rainy weather, or climates with higher humidity. Far more often, curly hair tends to it because it has a naturally more porous surface that absorbs moisture more efficiently and more than the surface of straight hair. But it would help if you also were careful about dry, frizzy hair. Creaking can occur even in this case, this time on the contrary due to a significant lack of moisture. So how do you best deal with him?
Proper washing against creasing
You have to think about possible creaking during the washing itself. At that moment, you have the best chance of hydrating, smoothing and not unnecessarily irritating your hair. In your head, the word HYDRATION should appear in large bold letters. Hydrated hair is far less prone to absorbing moisture from the air and thus to frizz.
So you should not miss a quality moisturizing shampoo in the bathroom! The Moroccanoil Smooth anti-frizz shampoo is worth a try – it perfectly hydrates the hair and, thanks to the content of quality oils, smoothes it beautifully.
The next step in washing should be a natural conditioner. Especially if you want to achieve smooth hair, you should not skip this step. Schwarzkopf Professional BC Bonacure Keratin Smooth Perfect will successfully tame your naughty mane. It heals their structure and makes combing easier. From the name of the Goldwell Dualsenses Just Smooth conditioner, it is clear that even with this helper, both washing and combing will go smoothly. Softness and shine will not wait long!
It would help if you also thought about hydration with a hair mask, including in your routine once or twice a week. Thanks to the content of argan oil, L’Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil is an excellent mask for frizzy hair, which will nourish and smooth your mane perfectly. The density, vitality, and lost shine will be restored by the Moroccanoil Smooth mask, which you can combine with a shampoo from the same line to enhance the effect.
But what should you not forget when choosing products? You can’t save your hair without the proper technique! It is essential to treat them nicely when washing and drying.
How to frizzy hair when washing and drying
- When washing, do not scrub or irritate the hair unnecessarily.
- Apply the shampoo and massage the scalp with circular movements.
- Rinse hair with lukewarm or cold water.
- After washing, do not twist or rub your hair with a towel.
- Just place the towel on wet hair and let it soak in the excess water.
- Then do not wrap your hair in a turban, but let it breathe.
- If you comb your hair immediately after washing, proceed very carefully from the ends to the roots, never the other way around.
Beware of heat treatment.
Of course, the best possible option is to let the hair dry freely. But who has time for that? So when you reach for the hairdryer, switch to cooler air and, of course, use thermal protection.
Ideally, choose a product for frizzy hair, which will also protect you from the heat. Frizzy Hair Cream L’Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Liss Unlimited is an ideal choice – it smoothes hair fibers, beautifully heal, plus protects them from excess moisture.
Goldwell StyleSign Just Smooth is also suitable for all hair types, which will provide adequate protection for your mane and will be easy to shape after use.
If the cream or balm does not suit you, try the anti-frizz spray with thermal protection Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Heat / UV Protective Primer, which not only protects them but smooths them nicely and gives them the proper structure.
TIP: Try a hair dryer with an ionization function to dry. It can keep hair more hydrated and thus prevent frizz.
Styling of frizzy hair
Even if you already have all the products, wash and dry as you should; it takes some time to remove the creaking. How about your hair not yet fully cooperating with you during the treatment? Here are some tricks that may come in handy.
- For even greater smoothing, use non-rinsing care in the form of a smoothing cream such as nourishing Shu Uemura Essence Absolue after washing.
- Adjust the hair only after scorched and cool from the hairdryer; it will hold its shape much better.
- Brushing with quality bristles will make it easier for you to comb. Comb through smaller strands and always proceed from the ends to the roots – BrushArt Hair will help you in this.
- For perfect fixation and better resistance to humid air, use fixation varnishes with anti-frizz technology, which will help to close the hair surface better.
You see, smoothing frizzy hair isn’t hard at all. It only takes a little patience, and in a moment, your mane will regain its softness and lost luster.
Leave a Reply