A man who has abundant hair sees in it a tangible asset that echoes its power of attraction. But what about men who suffer from baldness?
A male victim of baldness would be more affected by the lack of self-confidence and would tend to devalue himself, more than usual, concerning his natural power of attraction (interpersonal, social, or sexual).
“The mind takes precedence over matter”: negative emotions and thoughts are of great importance in the relationship with the body. Indeed, psychological disturbances can manifest themselves in physical pain.
Abnormally losing your hair can potentially bring up negative thoughts and emotions such as:
- Stress: when encountering a problem that affects our physical capital, it generates pressure known to disrupt the hair condition. The more we stress, the more hair we lose and vice versa. From then on, a vicious circle sets in.
- The lack of confidence on the intellectual and physical. Indeed, an individual can feel diminished, lonely, and sometimes even misunderstood in the face of a physical upheaval, namely a consequent loss of hair. The individual gradually begins to recognize himself in the mirror no longer, and consequently, he has the impression of no longer knowing himself. A sort of existential crisis begins to give way to a feeling of incomprehension and distress:
“How can I assert my virility when what constitutes me, namely my physique and my mind, escapes me? “ Self-confidence, hard to feed, finds himself injured.
- Blues / Depression: Lack of self-confidence coupled with stress often results in a bitter-tasting cocktail. It is challenging to cope with an unwanted change that tends to alter our appearance. Negative thoughts become legion and gradually crystallize until they create a kind of cognitive distortion. Then comes the depression that slowly creeps into everyday life.
- The capacity for reflection ( judgment) is affected. Lost between feelings of insecurity and incomprehension in the face of the problem imposed on the person, the person would like to find at all costs a radical solution to their hair problems. Therefore, they could be seduced by certain products whose effectiveness is not guaranteed.
- Discrimination in hiring: some people may encounter difficulties in the job market because of their hair problems. Indeed, some employers in some countries attach more importance to the physical, which is, it seems, a determining factor in the world of work. Individuals can then ask themselves the following question: “do I have the physical appearance of the job?” or at least do I have to consider my physical capital to reach the position I want? “
- The mockery (mocking): often, a friend, colleague, or spouse (e) may spoof the person suffering from hair loss. Without realizing it, these people transform the pleasure of socializing into a real ordeal.
- Relational blockage (couple/flirting): a social trauma (discrimination in hiring or mockery) can give rise to a feeling of illegitimacy in speaking, love games, or quite simply, seduction. The person feels blocked in the face of the impetuosity of this society which advocates as an essential criterion: the physical. The entire relational system in which he has evolved is then compromised.
The physical impacts
As we have previously discussed, hair loss has a tangible impact on the individual, whether psychological or social.
Hair problems can also have a significant impact on the body. An individual who suffers psychologically from hair loss may experience disturbances in his libido. Indeed, lack of self-confidence, stress, or depression creates a blockage that pushes the individual to devalue himself on the sexual level. A reduction in libido is then felt.
One other factor that can cause erectile dysfunction. Taking a drug treatment that aims to limit hair loss: Finasteride (also called Propecia) is a synthetic anti-androgen drug used to fight baldness and prostate cancer. The therapy is supposed to bring about a 30% improvement but only while taking it. This medication is known for its side effects, such as erectile dysfunction and other sexual problems that are likely to occur. These sexual problems can become irreversible even after stopping treatment outright.
THE IMPORTANCE OF A GOOD DIAGNOSIS
It is crucial to be diagnosed as quickly as possible to benefit from effective treatment when suffering from significant hair loss.
When a person realizes that the amount of hair they are losing is abnormal, they find themselves lost in the face of the many scary thoughts that can assail them.
A person suffering from hair loss goes through four distinct stages:
The observation of the problem:
- The person notices that they are losing more hair than usual. For example, when shampooing or styling her hair. Also, when she wakes up, she sees the hair on the pillow.
- Questioning the problem:
- The person has several questions about their hair loss:
- Why am I losing my hair?
- Am I ill?
- Will it last?
- What should I do to make it stop?
Finding solutions without consulting a professional:
There is a good chance that the person will consult websites, some reliable and others much less, which deal with baldness, alopecia, and other hair problems and offer various anti-hair loss solutions. It is also likely that this person will talk to those around him in the hope of finding the miracle product that will solve the problem.
- Consult a professional:
The person realizes that consulting various internet sites will not necessarily bring him the best solution to his hair problems. The person will most likely turn to a specialist whom they consider to be the last hope.
Responsiveness to this period is essential. The first reflex is to seek competent people who will answer the many unanswered questions. Being diagnosed by a professional eliminates all these stressful and even distressing questions caused by the incomprehension that hair loss generates.
Get diagnosed at the Hair Center.
At the Center du Cheveu, our professionals advise and support you to give you a complete diagnosis that will promise a treatment adapted to your hair needs!
What are the steps to take to obtain a diagnosis at the Center du Cheveu? Nothing’s easier! All you need to do is complete the online form which aims to provide a relatively brief report on your hair health. You can then complete a second form to obtain a consultation in our center. Two types of consultations are available to you:
- A full consultation lasting thirty minutes to assess your hair condition (45 euros)
- A “quote” consultation for replacement hair lasts thirty minutes to one hour (free consultation).
At the Center du Cheveu, your well-being is our priority. If you think you are the victim of abnormal hair loss, do not hesitate to make an appointment!
Do you have a question? You can also send us your question by email by following the contact us page,
We will be happy to answer you!
Leave a Reply