You probably already dream about spending time by the water in the summer, you are looking forward to the warm rays of the sun, and you have probably bought a quality sunscreen in advance. But did you forget something? In addition to your skin, you should also deal with protecting your hair from the sun. Even they do not deserve to be left at the mercy of harmful UVA and UVB radiation and thus deprive of shine and vitality.
Hair and UV radiation
The sun will not burn your mane, but UV radiation causes the breakdown of the basic building block of hair fiber – keratin. Therefore, the hair structure is damaged after only a few minutes in direct sunlight.
How do you recognize sun-damaged hair?
- They are dried and break.
- They are embroidered.
- They are rough to the touch.
- They are without volume and do not shine.
How to protect hair when staying outside?
- Hide in the shade or under an umbrella, especially if you are outside between ten o’clock in the morning until five o clock in the afternoon.
- Wear a hat wide enough, but forget about the classic summer straw hat. It will not protect your hair because UV radiation quickly penetrates it.
- Before bathing, use a waterproof hair spray against the sun.
- After swimming, rinse your hair with clean water, apply a protective hair spray with a UV filter, and turn the longer ones into a bun. In this way, they remain sufficiently hydrated even after bathing in chlorinated or saltwater. In addition, you reduce the area of hair exposed to the sun’s rays (and therefore UV radiation) and prevent tangles.
Comprehensive hair protection against the sun
Take care of the scalp.
Without a healthy scalp, your hair will not be healthy either. Therefore, choose a shampoo that nourishes the skin and hair sufficiently, provides UV protection, and removes chlorine and salt.
Biolage Essentials SunSorials shampoo with vitamin E will benefit sun-resistant scalp and hair. Sachajuan Intensive Repair Shampoo with Ocean Silk Technology for shine and hydration will help slightly dry hair. L’Oréal Professionnel Serie Expert Solar Sublime shampoo with aloe vera will take care of the overall regeneration.
Our TIP: With the shampoo, you wash dirt from the scalp and grease, which naturally protects it. Therefore, wash your hair a maximum of three times a week and forget about the conditioner.
Take care of the tips
It is the ends of the hair that the sun can dry out so much that they begin to break and fray. But with a well-chosen conditioner, nothing like that will happen to you.
Wella Professionals Invigo Sun Moisturizing Conditioner restores lost hair to your hair, protects it from sunlight, and makes combing easier. A faster solution has the same features – the Londa Professional Sun Spark rinse-free conditioner.
Our TIP: You can support the conditioner’s effects by subsequent application of Schwarzkopf Professional BC Bonacure Sun Protect.
Help yourself with a mask.
Do you use a hair mask at least once a week? You are doing well. You will appreciate it even when your hair needs immediate intensive care.
The nourishing mask L’Oréal Professionnel Serie Expert Solar Sublime has proved its worth . It regenerates and hydrates the hair along its entire length, protects it from UV radiation, and also copes with damage caused by chlorine and saltwater.
Our TIP: Quality hair protection from the sun is a foundation that is not worth forgetting even on the road. That’s why you always have the practical Schwarzkopf Professional BC Bonacure Sun Protect bag at hand. You will find shampoo for hair and body, hair treatment, and waterproof protection spray for hair against the sun.
Proper summer hair care is not a complicated mystery. Include it in your “summer beauty” routine and enjoy the sunlit months to the fullest and without any remorse!
Haircare in three easy steps
You can achieve healthy, beautiful, shiny, and regenerated hair full of life in just three steps. How? All you need is a shampoo, conditioner or mask, and serum. Once you learn to make the most of their options, you won’t need anything extra in your hair care. Maybe just a dry shampoo in moments when you don’t have time to waste, and you need to look great in a few minutes.
Step 1: How to wash your hair correctly.
Do you wash your hair daily or every other day? Error! Washing your hair every day dries it unnecessarily. It deprives it of natural hydration and ointment, and the same applies if you apply the products using the “twice shampoo, once conditioner” method. The actual nut is one hair wash twice a week.
How to do it?
- Wash your hair thoroughly with warm water before shampooing. Squeeze them gently so that no water drips from them, but at the same time, they remain moist enough.
- Apply an appropriate amount of shampoo to your hair and add a little water. In general, the amount of shampoo should match the size of the hazelnut. But of course, it depends on the length and density of your hair.
- Rub the emulsion in your hands and create foam. Apply it with your fingers mainly to the roots and on the scalp, gently massage it for one minute and then rub the hair to the ends.
- Rinse the shampoo thoroughly and repeat the whole procedure – yes, we should wash the hair with the shampoo twice to get rid of all impurities!
Our TIP: Do you have dry and brittle hair? You will appreciate the Kérastase Résistance Bain Extentioniste shampoo with creatine, ceramides, and taurine, strengthening the hair and supporting its growth. And if you want to give your mane a luxurious experience, reach for Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Restructuring Bond Repair. In addition to deep hair regeneration and smoothing damaged hair fibers, it also gives them elasticity and shines thanks to the caviar extract.
Step 2: Conditioner or mask?
If you need to provide hydration and nutrition to your hair, use a conditioner or mask after the shampoo. For a conditioner, just let it work for a few minutes and then rinse. You may have to let the mask work for a little longer than the conditioner, but you will add more intense nutrition to your hair.
How to care for hair with conditioner?
- Apply an appropriate amount of conditioner to hair washed with shampoo.
- Work the other way around with shampoo – start at the ends and continue up to chin level.
- Comb your hair thoroughly so that the conditioner is applied evenly.
- Leave on for a few minutes, and then rinse thoroughly.
- Finally, wash your hair with cold water; it will then shine nicely.
Our TIP: To restore the entire length of the hair and its internal structure, try the Kérastase Résistance Fondant Extentioniste conditioner with maleic acid, which strengthens the hair fiber. Relieve stressed and damaged hair and add vitality with Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Restructuring Bond Repair.
How to use a mask?
- Apply the mask on damp or dry hair washed with shampoo.
- Divide them into individual strands and apply the mask to the same length as the conditioner.
- Comb your hair and leave the mask on for a few minutes or overnight, depending on the type.
- For best effect, warm the mask. For example, you can wrap your hair in a towel soaked in hot water, which you squeeze out before use. But be careful not to get scalded!
- Proceed in the same way as for the conditioner.
Our TIP: We recommend the Kérastase Résistance Masque Extentioniste for fast and deep nutrition of hair fiber.
Step 3: omnipotent serum, but in moderation
A small amount of serum will give your hair hydration, shine, protect it from dirt and unwanted external influences, and reduce the generation of static electricity. But if you apply it too much, the hair will become more accessible to grease.
So how to proceed?
- Apply the serum only to the ends of washed, damp, or dry hair.
- Warm it in the palms of your hands for 5 to 6 seconds before use. You will work with it much better and intensify its effects.
- Gently rub it into your hair with your fingers and then comb it with a thin wooden comb.
- Never wash the serum.
Our TIP: The Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Restructuring Bond Repair Intensive Serum will provide the hair with the necessary nutrition and is also suitable for fine hair that does not burden it in any way.
Little time, high demands
You don’t always have enough time, and you need to look great. Therefore, it pays to invest in quality dry shampoo. The hairstyle immediately visibly refreshes; in addition, the hair smells beautiful and fits in a handbag. But which one to choose?
Wella Professionals Eimi Dry Me, a light-fixing dry shampoo based on tapioca starch, can be used on all hair types. For some hair, rice starch is more suitable; for them, Schwarzkopf Professional Osis + Refresh Dust Texture is suitable.
For oily hair:
L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni. Art Morning After Dust dry shampoo handles greasy hair, absorbing excess sebum and adding unprecedented volume to your hairstyle.
Our TIP: If your mane is not only excessively lubricated but is also confused and lifeless, the dry shampoo Maria Nila Style & Finish will save you. It has a vegan composition and protects the hair from free radicals and sunlight.
Now nothing is stopping you from achieving shiny and perfectly nourished hair. All you have to do is think of 3 simple steps every time you wash.